Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting Close!


Wow, I'm almost done inserting the lining.  I think a closeup of how the piping and lining looks is called for.  So here it is.   I'm really ready for this project to be done.  Please pardon how dark the pictures are.   I was so excited at getting this much done and it actually looking decent that I just had to take pictures and not wait for daylight.  LOL.


 
This next view shows the lining sewn in, by hand I might add, on both sides.  I just need to finish around the neckline and then buttons and buttonholes. I'm hoping to have it completed in the next couple of days. 

Okay...I know what you're thinking.  Sewn in by hand?  What is she thinking?  LOL.  Well its sewn in hand because of poor planning on my part.  I just didn't really think it through when I thought it would be easy to add piping and lining.  Gah!  I probably would have been able to bag the lining by machine had I not wanted to insert piping.  Oh well, just all it practice for the Chanel style jacket I'll be making next.

No comments:

Post a Comment