Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Double Duty - S1615 & B5924

Hey...I know its been awhile but blogging just hasn't been on the agenda lately.  Just too much going on.  But, I do have a couple of tops to report on. 

Simplicity 1615, a cute loose fitting, uncomplicated summer top.  It was very easy to make and I'll probably make it again next year.  I chose view B, the one pictured in a purple print, and made lace collars on my embroidery machine.

Here they're drying on a towel after first having the excess stabilizer soaked out.  It's been quite a while since I've made any lace.  Pretty.

And here is the finished top.  Totally easy, with the easiest raglan sleeves you'll ever install.  I think if I hadn't piddled around, I could have finished it in one short afternoon.  It's very comfy and the fabric I used was a really light weight cotton I found at Hancock's.

Now for Butterick 5924.  This is a close fitting top.  I choose to make it a size larger than normal so I would get the looser fit I prefer. 

I made my version out of two colors of linen.  The solid blue I had leftover from a past project and it just happened to go perfectly with the striped linen I found at Joann's. 

As you can see, I choose to embroider mine to keep it from being so plain.  These designs are called Sepia Petals and I purchased them from OESD.  I really think they set it off.

A side shot of the gently curving shirt tail hem I prefer.

And finally the back showing the bottom pieces turned on the bias.  I'm not sure I like the way it hangs but there it is.

I nice shirt.  Not really sure whether I'll make it again but it was fun to put together.

That's all I have for now.