Friday, January 21, 2011

Chanel cardi...the beginning

This is going to be my fabric selection for my cardigan.  The boucle', to the right, I purchased from Sawyer Brook's on-line store several years ago and its been marinating in my stash ever since.  On the left, is a piece of silk charmeuse I purchased from The Cloth Merchants here in town.  I won't pretreat the boucle' but I have soaked the charmeuse in warm water for 10 minutes, rinsed it several times, rolled it up into a towel to blot and then ironed it dry.  I have it rolled up on a big cardboard tube that used to house decorator fabric at Hancock Fabrics. 



I have several patterns that would suit a Chanel style cardigan, Vogue 7975 basic design, McCall's easy 5007 and the one pictured here on the left McCall's Make it Crafty 6041.  I'm going to use M6041 but I'm not going to "make it crafty".  LOL.  The main reason is because they include all the cup sizes with this pattern and I really don't feel like doing a FBA since I wear a 38C.  I've decided on view B.  I'm going to cut out a 16 graduating to an 18 at the hips.  I'll shorten the sleeves from a 3/4 sleeve to a 2/3 sleeve.  I'm going to add side slits and possibly lengthen the body of the jacket if I don't think the length is long enough when I make the muslin.  I'll also make a possible sloping shoulder adjustment.  Age and gravity are catching up with me.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment