Ugh. Well, if I didn't know before, I certainly know it now. The pictures on the pattern face don't always match the pattern reality. The pattern picture jacket looks longer, but in actuality, its a high hip length almost waist height. And the ugly truth is that photos add about 20 pounds to me and I don't look good with a high hip length anything. LOL. Oh, and part of the Ugly truth could be the white fabric I used to make my first muslin. So here are the pictures and my analysis of what I think needs to be done.
The next is the sleeves are really drafted large. I'm going to remove 2 1/4" inches from the under-sleeve, starting at the hem and narrowing to nothing at the armseye seam allowance.
I don't care for the high neckline too much so I folded it down a little. I may deepen the curve of the neckline a bit later. But that's a change I can make once I have the structural changes done to my satisfaction.
Now off the make the pattern changes...more later!