Hey...I know its been awhile but blogging just hasn't been on the agenda lately. Just too much going on. But, I do have a couple of tops to report on.
Here they're drying on a towel after first having the excess stabilizer soaked out. It's been quite a while since I've made any lace. Pretty.
And here is the finished top. Totally easy, with the easiest raglan sleeves you'll ever install. I think if I hadn't piddled around, I could have finished it in one short afternoon. It's very comfy and the fabric I used was a really light weight cotton I found at Hancock's.
I made my version out of two colors of linen. The solid blue I had leftover from a past project and it just happened to go perfectly with the striped linen I found at Joann's.
As you can see, I choose to embroider mine to keep it from being so plain. These designs are called Sepia Petals and I purchased them from OESD. I really think they set it off.
A side shot of the gently curving shirt tail hem I prefer.
And finally the back showing the bottom pieces turned on the bias. I'm not sure I like the way it hangs but there it is.
I nice shirt. Not really sure whether I'll make it again but it was fun to put together.
That's all I have for now.