Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Frustration & the Fix

I'm having more fun now inserting the lining on the Jean Jacket.  But before the insertion could begin, I had to do a bit of top-stitching along both sides of the front and the hem.  Talk about frustrating!  Gah!  Skipped stitches galore.  I tried almost every combination of needle sizes, different threads, stitch lengths I could think of.   Grrrrr.  Finally, one of the gals on the Jacket Sew Along mentioned Tension.  OMG!  I can't believe I forgot to look at the dang tension.  Needless to say, it fixed my troubles with the top-stitching.  And now I'm merrily inserting the lining.  Thank goodness for friends.  LOL.

I actually had to leave the sewing room and go cook.  I spent a couple of hours making Roasted Butternut Squash soup.  I came home from my visit with my family stocked up with about 20 squash that my Dad had grown in his garden.  He only had a couple of hills and wound up with a billion squash.  I'll probably spend some time cutting up the rest of them and baking them soft so I can store them in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment