- 1.25" FBA
- Added 2 inches in length
- Removed the huge back pleat
- Added a 1inch pleat in the back lining
- Added a sleeve head
- Fabric used was wool flannel and poly charmeuse from Hancock Fabrics
Here are some details of the insides.
I know its a little hard to see but this is the hand embroidery to hold the lining pleat in place. I did this at the neck and waist.
This is the embroidery on the inside. Notice I didn't make it the same as the outside. I started out the same at the neckline (where it would show) and then reduced the number of flowers to lessen the weight of the embroidery. I was getting concerned that it might get too heavy. I also digitized a label and I've started including a date. LOL. I can't remember how long ago I made some of my garments so now I get help.
I thought you might like to see the humongous snaps I applied. They're called for by the pattern and I really love the look. But, I'll warn you, since they can show if you leave slightly unsnapped, you need to make sure they look nice when you sew them on. I didn't have any trouble with placement because I just chalked a line around the snap itself before sewing. Also, another thing to be aware of is don't sew you snap to the pocket linings! LOL. I thought I was all done and realized that I'd sewn a pocket practically shut with one of the bottom snaps. All I can say is that it was late at night. I shouldn't sew after 10pm. Grin.