Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wild colors with Vogue8650


I've been needing a few easy-to-sew knit tops and capri's and so far it's been going well.  I found a wild knit at Jo Ann's that looks like someone threw paint at it.  LOL.  It's some of my favorite colors too, bright blue (almost teal), black, grey & white.  This is a cotton Lycra blend but feels more like a nice rayon Lycra.  The capri's were made from a cotton twill/Lycra blend from Sawyer Brook.  It's a very bright, summery outfit.  Using Vogue 8650 for the top was right up my alley.  It truly is very easy.  I looked up reviews on Pattern review and most said it ran larger then stated on the pattern.  It does.  I did a quick tissue fit to Ruby before cutting a size 14 down until the underarm then to a 16 and finally an 18 at the hip.  It made up very easily and I only changed one thing.  I added twill tape to the inside of the top-stitching on the neckline to stabilize it.  It's low but not too low.  I needed the added insurance of stabilizing to make sure we had no neckline growth.



Here's just a quick shot of the top with the capri's thrown over the shoulder.   I love it and it made me think of Debbie Cook.  See what you've done now?  LOL.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment