I know they aren't very summery colors but I believe I can wear the pants into winter and make them 3 seasons versus just 1.
In the following pictures of the Tunic, you'll see what I mean by the back cupping the butt area. LOL. I really like the pattern and will make it again, but I'll be making a plain back to minimize my bootie. First is a full shot of the tunic. Instead of one pocket, I did two. I haven't had 2 pockets in a while and thought I'd change it up. I did tons of top stitching on this top too. Much more than called for by the pattern.
One potential problem I encountered in this pattern is their treatment of the armhole on the sleeveless version. In the pattern, they tell you to just turn it under 5/8 and sew it down. Well...that just won't make a nice finish. Geeezz. The very bottom of the armhole where you sew front to back is NOT rounded. It almost creates a v-shape. I chose to round it out a little with my trusty rotary cutter and also cut out 1 inch stripes of the same fabric for bias binding of the armhole. Much more professional and finished looking in my opinion.
Here's a closeup of the top showing some of that top stitching.
Ah a picture of the pleating in the back panel causing
And here's the Oh So Lovely side view. LOL.
All I have left to do is make buttonholes and sew on the cool buttons I found for it.
The pants are almost complete too. I only need to install the elastic at the waistline and hem.