To sum it up, these are all of the changes I have/will make the next time around: Reduced the back length by 2 inches, add 2 inches to the front, added an inch in width in the back, and shorten the sleeve by 1 1/2 inches.
By now you know I embroider my buttonholes. I've been using Madeira Cotona 80wt. cotton thread for most of the buttonholes I do now. I just love the feel of a nice lightweight buttonhole. The nicer fabric and sewing/embroidery stores carry it and if you can't get it locally, you can purchase it on-line. Try it once; I think you'll like it.
Oh, I will mention this because it's not in the description of the top. It has a dropped shoulder, by about 1 1/4 inches and I'm not known for being narrow shouldered. Something else to keep in mind...
I like the fit; I like the way it feels to wear this shirt. Another one that feels like you're wearing nothing. LOL. These pictures have been lightened quite a bit to show detail.
This shirt is really very easy to make. I'd rate it as an intermediate. I didn't use the pattern directions since I've made up this type shirt so many times. But I did look at them and they seemed easy. I couldn't do my normal narrow hem though. This fabric (peach skin probably poly) didn't want to cooperate with a turn it up 1/4 inch and then another 1/4 inch hem. So I had to do a baby narrow hem. Press up a scant 1/4 inch, using my edge-join foot, sew a tiny hem, trim the excess away. Turn it up & press, again a scant 1/4 inch and sew again. Then press the hem. Perfect that time.
These are the elastic waist capri's I like to wear in the summer. I found a cool tattoo ink dragon embroidery design and put on the pockets and the right leg. I love how they turned out. I love how the shirt and capri's look together.
That's all for today and hopefully we'll get pictures later on.