I'm making view B; I'll be adding the collar. This is one of the newer Butterick patterns that followed me home.
If you've purchase this pattern, take a look at the pieces, you'll see the grain is changed to layout the front and back on the bias. Although this no doubt adds to the drape, it also creates real issues with construction. Soooo, after consulting with Claire K., I've decided not to cut it out on the bias and instead use straight of grain as usual. I did pin-fit the pattern to Ruby and the pattern reads as semi-fitted instead of the loose-fitting described on the pattern. So keep this is mind when deciding how to cut it out.
In looking at the pictures, the back is longer than I like so I'm reducing it by 2 inches.
Since I reduced the length in the back, I had to true up the hemline to match the front again. The hemline won't have quite the dramatic edge to it that the picture has but that's fine with me.
Now I think I have something to work with and the fabric I've chosen is some black peachskin I got from either Hancock's or JoAnn's; I really can't remember which. It's been marinating in my stash for quite some time. LOL. Now I know black isn't very summery but I love it and don't have much black in the closet any more. Plus I recently made a pair of capri's that just cry out for a matching black shirt.
I have it cut out and hopefully will finish it up this weekend and will have more pictures for you.
On another note, Alan had elbow surgery on Friday to remove a rather large bone spur that was causing him quite a lot of pain. It went very well and the surgeon came to me afterward to say it was rather large and had shattered. So he already feels better though he has to wear his arm in a sling for a few days and take it easy. That's like asking a tiger to change his stripes. LOL.
I hope you all are having a really nice weekend.