Obviously I'm over thinking this vest. LOL. I went back to the drawing board and cut out a straight size 16 and made it up. Its not bad. I've discovered that making changes destroys the style. So I'm going to make it up right out of the box so to speak. Here are the pictures.
It's really not bad right out of the pattern envelope. There is some armhole gaposis going on and I may try to pinch a tiny dart out of each armhole (shown if you look closely) to reduce that but otherwise, I'm going to leave it alone. If this was a typical vest pattern, I would make the normal changes. But they just don't seem to work with this style.
Now I'm going to iron fabric and start testing out embroider designs and thread colors. Should be fun! I love this part. LOL.
That's all for today!