Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Matthew & the Army


I found out from my sister, Debbie, that Matthew has arrived in Afghanistan safely. This is his second tour and we don't know exactly where he's located. Apparently they are waiting on final orders and when that happens we'll get a location. Debbie misses him a lot. I keep checking his Facebook page and he's pretty bored with the waiting.


I'm going to be putting together a box of goodies to send to him. Right now I'm working on a knitted winter scarf for him when they go into the mountains. I found this really cool camouflage yarn and am almost done with it. I had to order another ball of the color since it was on sale and there wasn't quite enough to finish what I had in mind for him. It should be here any day now. I found a "knitting loom" and have been having a great time using it. Its easier for me to use than knitting needles. And more mindless. LOL. I'd been looking for something to do with my hands while I watch TV and now it looks like this is it. Its going to end up with a big pom pom on each end. Here's a picture of what I've done so far on Matthew's scarf. Even though the color is camo and its not something I've ever liked, I think this is nice. Oh, btw, I made this whole thing in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment