Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Experiment ...


Since I've lost weight (35 pounds), I don't wear men's shirts to cover up anymore. Still, I really love the fabrics & colors of men's wear shirts. So I thought I would try to document reworking one of the shirts to fit me for real. I purchased the shirts at Dillard's when they have their 75% off sales. You can get some really nice fabric for cheap; anywhere from $12 to $25. There is no way you can get these nice Italian cottons for that price anywhere on the Internet (which is where I usually have to shop). I usually buy a large (the neck size is close to fitting me) so this is what I'm going to start working with. If your were going to do this, I would suggest trying on the shirts and buying the neck size that comes close to fitting you. If you are larger on the bottom, I would purchase a size that will fit that area. I'm going to use my favorite Kwik Sew pattern #3555 for the fronts and back pattern pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment