Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lacy table scarf...Juliet

I really am working on the shirt.  Really.  LOL.   I made this pretty scarf about a month ago from an inexpensive downloaded 2 design set from Embroidered Necessity found on the Secrets of Embroidery website. The design set is called "Juliet". This is a closeup of one of the 2 different designs.

I made 4 of one design and 3 of the second.  I did all of the work on my Ellisimo.  The hardest part of the process was picking the colors I liked that would look nice in my Dining Room.  Its a combination of lace making and applique'.  The design size is about 6X6 was sewn on 2 pieces of wash away stablizer.  The outside border is embroidered out with rayon on the top and in the bobbin.  Then I changed out the bobbin for a white prewound bobbin.  The next process involved placing a scrap piece of linen down on top of the wash away and letting the design tack it down.  Trim the excess fabric away and then just embroider the rest of the design.  Repeat making the design as many times as you need to produce the size scarf you want.


This little scarf is going to live on my sideboard.  I had to take the pics of it on the table though, just so I would have enough light.   I just love how it turned out.

2 comments: