Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shell is Complete!

Alright!  It's done!  Don't get me wrong; I've enjoyed the whole process of making the shell but it has seemed to drag on foreva.  LOL. 

Isn't this a pretty button?  I know it's hard to tell from the shot above, but it's really a two-tone button and coordinates perfectly with the fabric.  My good friend Judi at the Cloth Merchants helped me pick them out and there were JUST had enough for my project. 
I'm so proud of the prick-stitching in this garment, I just had to include another shot.  LOL.
And here is the back view of me trying to be artistic with the shot and not quite making it.  Grin.
And the gratuitous hanger shot.
 
All I have left to do is finish the pants.  I'll be working on them over the weekend and will post shots of them when I'm finished.  Believe it or not, after all the years I've been sewing, this will be my first attempt at an invisible zipper.  Wish me luck!

Talk Soon!

PS.  I almost forgot to mention I went shoe shopping the other day and found a nice pair of black open-toe shoes that I'll also be able to wear for other occasions should the need arise.  Hopefully I'll get a pick (or Alan will help me get a picture) of the whole ensemble.



3 comments:

  1. fantastic looking top - I have this pattern and made it up quite a while a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had this pattern forever and finally had a good reason to use it.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous and yes perfect button!

    ReplyDelete