Monday, September 19, 2011

Where do I begin?

All I can say is that I'm tired.  LOL.  Last week was so busy; teaching on Tuesday & 3 long days in OKC (driving back & forth each day spending almost 4 hours on the road).  Don't get me wrong - I loved all of it.  LOL.  But it does tend to catch up with you.  I've made quite a bit of progress on my Chanel style jacket; the muslin was sewn, fitted and de-constructed.  Using the muslin pieces as my pattern, I cut out blocks of the two fashion fabrics for each pattern pieces and now I'm in the process of basting each of the pieces to each other and quilting them together.  I have the back, the side backs and the side fronts quilted.  I'm doing a very easy up and down quilting design.  After I quilt each piece, I'm taking the long threads I left on the starting and ending stitches, threading them through a needle and pulling those threads in-between the 2 fabrics.  Then I tie them off and clip the threads.  With the easy design I'm quilting, there are only 2 or 3 threads on each side to pull to the inside.  Easy Peasy.  LOL.

Its after 9pm and I know I've promised pictures, but it will have to wait for tomorrow when I'll have better lighting in here.

Oh, btw, I managed to stop by Helen Enox, an independent fabric store in OKC, too.  They have some really yummy fabrics there and are so reasonable priced.  I wish I could persuade them to have an on-line presence.  Needless to say, I found a couple of things I just couldn't live without.  LOL.  If you live around the area, you really should visit them.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment