Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Service Project...

I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but I'm a member of the Tulsa Smocking & Heirloom Sewing Guild.  Our service project of giving back to the community is making a pair of fetal demise gowns for those families who loose a baby at birth. Each member of our guild work on these sweet, tiny gowns. Some smocking their gowns, others embellish their gowns with shadowwork embroidery or in my case, the gown is machine embroidered. We each make 2 gowns that are alike. One is worn by the child and the other is given to the family in a lovely memory box with the child's footprints. It's a very nice outreach that is offered to families at such a sad time.  I just finished my gowns and thought you might like to see a picture of them.


Here is a close up of the embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment