Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Knit Voyage or Nightmare?

GAH!  I've been wrestling with the neck on this top for 2 days.  Trying it on, adjusting, taking it off, trying it on, adjusting - well...you get the picture.  Making it as indicated by the pattern - Yuck.  I just don't like it.  Its too high (would come just under my chin), supposed to be a little slouchy but just looks sloppy and flops around.  I have to agree with a couple of the reviews, this pattern was not well thought out.  I don't usuaully have these kinds of problems with Vogue patterns. Here's a picture of it laid out on my work table.  It doesn't look half bad like this but you sure can't wear that way.  LOL.  So...I'm going to salvage the top by re-cutting the front and back neck area with the aid of another pattern I've used in the past.  Sigh.  I had such high hopes for this pattern and the neck did look so cool.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing about this pattern because of the illustration, but ended up frustrated and disappointed with the end result. The high neck is not flattering. I used a cream ponte roma knit and reviewed it on patternreview.

    ReplyDelete