Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Knit Voyage - Embroidery design test

Well I thought I would like a design in black on this top but after doing several tests, I'm going to discard that idea.  The black just didn't show up much at all.  I want subtle but not why bother.  LOL.  As you can see by the accompaning picture, black just isn't going to cut it.  Also, I was having thread breakage issues which I resolved by the time I embroidered what I think to be my final test.  Maybe.

I know the picture is dark, but this one is lightened several times and if you click on it, it does show up much better.

If you're not familiar with embroidering on a sticky, wash away stabilizer, here's what I had to do.  Lowered the presser foot to .5 and change to a metalic needle (larger scarf for the thread to pass through).

No comments:

Post a Comment