Sunday, June 12, 2011

Matching Nightie...

I don't know about you but I don't have to wear a nightie that looks like a typical nightgown.  I'm not using a nightgown pattern.  I take a look at the summer dress patterns out on the sewing market and choose something that won't be too complicated and will be comfy at the same time.  In this instance, I choose a McCall's pattern, #5659 a very simple, loose dress with a contrasting self-faced yoke.  The silky fabric from JoAnn's I showed in my last post is a border print and I'm going to make use of it.  I'm going to have the dark reddish/purple band arrive at the hem.  I'll cut the self-faced front and back yokes also out of the dark border.  




Here's a picture of the first piece laid out.  You can see how it takes advantage of the border.

It's funny; I didn't remember buying so much fabric.  I must have gotten 4 yards.  There's still almost 2 yards left.  LOL.

I've got all the pieces cut out and the interfacing applied to the yokes.  I've also embroidered my little name label on the inside back yoke.

I'll probably do more sewing today but I have a bunch of blueberries to pick.  I've picked over 3 pounds in one week!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment