Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vogue 2779 - Jacket

I've been doing a good bit of thinking and planning about the jacket.  Here you can see I've drawn out the other half of the jacket back that was supposed to be placed on the fold and cut.  But...since I'm treating the chiffon as a border fabric, I'll cut it out "in the flat" as opposed to "on the fold".   This chiffon print doesn't have a regular repeat so I won't have to match anything.  That's kind of a relief.  LOL.  I'm going to do french seams and I'm thinking of doing a hand-rolled hem.  It will be my first.  I've done machine narrow hems but not a hand-rolled.  With the bit of research done so far, it doesn't appear to be difficult. 

And you can see that my cutting table is barely adequate for the task.  Sigh.  I'm going to have to place chairs on either side of the table to balance the fabric so it doesn't pull.   I'm thinking about going to B-Sew Inn or even a local quilt shop to cut this jacket out but I don't think their tables are any bigger than mine.  Although they do have more tables and I could shove a couple together to get the job done. 

There is an event Saturday at B-Sew Inn; Designer's Gallery is introducing a new piece of software called Embroidery Works.  How is it Babylock always seems to know exactly when I've paid something off?  LOL.  Anyway I'm going to the event and we'll see what it is they have to offer.  I taught there yesterday and it didn't look like they were prepping the big rooms so maybe I can sneak in.  LOL.

Now off for the Doctor's appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment