Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vintage Vogue 2884 - Oh So Close

More on the coat!  LOL.  Sometimes sewing happens around here in dribs and drabs; 30 minutes here and there.  Here's a picture of the insides.  Hmmm, I think this is the first time I've really shown the inside of my work to any real degree.  LOL. But I've done so much hand work, I want to show it off a bit.  You'll need to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the pad stitching done on the lapels and under collar.



Now I've got the front facing installed and steam pressed.  I've tacked it down in a few places and have the hem turned up and steamed.  Since there is a lot of acrylic in this wool blend, I can't touch the iron directly to the fabric; I have to use a press cloth to do any pressing or press from the wrong side where it won't show.  I'm also using my clapper to flatten the seams so it doesn't look fluffy.  LOL.  Tomorrow I'll baste the hem and take new pictures.  I'll be starting to put my lining together.  But...I'm going to pick stitch around the whole outside edge of the coat first. 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment