Sunday, December 19, 2010

Leftover fabric...

I had some leftover double knit with a little Lycra from Sawyer Brook and since I couldn't get my act together for the Xmas shirt, I thought I would just go ahead with this.  I used Vogue basic design 8536; just a basic v-neck tee.  I found some cool buttons at Hobby Lobby a year ago and thought these might be a neat addition to the top, especially since it's such a quick one to make.  As you can see from the photo, this is one of the sleeve's with the hem cover-stitched and the buttons just laid out on the hem.

This next photo show's both sleeve's hemmed and the button's hand sewn leaving plenty of room to sew the sleeve seam.  I'll fill in with more buttons when the seam is complete.  I think the buttons really look nice and sort of "complete" the look of the top.  It would have been way too plain without them. 

This last photo shows the completed top.  I had a bit of trouble trying to get the "V" part of the binding right.  The directions in the pattern were awful for installing the neck binding.  So I had to wing it.  LOL.  Either I need more practice doing this particular technique or I need to avoid it by making round necks. 


  1. That looks so nice! Your neckline looks fine to me.

  2. That button trim looks great! I'm saving that idea.

  3. Thanks Angie! I just noticed there were comments. I'm not used to whole blog thing really.

    bluemooney: I really enjoyed using those buttons! And I intend to make a couple more tops like that.