Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Blouse

 
I've been toying with the idea of creating a Christmas themed blouse for some time now.  Yeah...I know; I've procrastinated quite a while with it.  I've been trying to work out the details in my head and its not going that well this time.  So I figure I'll just get it out and try playing around. Its going to be based on the Threads Gender Bender shirt from issue 150 and the fabrics I've chosen are LOUD. LOL.  This pretty much the idea I used to make the ladybug blouse.  I've collected the fabrics and have done a couple of test embroidery ideas.  First the pattern I'll use is my TNT Kwik Sew 3555.  I've made this twice now and really like the fit and how simple it is.  Plus I really like the tailored look of shirts.  I'm just a shirt and jeans gal at heart. 






These are the fabrics I've collected for the shirt.  I warned you; they are very bright.  lol.












These are a couple of ideas I had with embroidery for the front pocket.  The first would be a white pocket on the front of the red & green stripe fabric that will be the body of the shirt.  I brought the holly design into Designer's Gallery CustomWorks  II and then added a couple of satin stitch lines with the aid of QuiltWorks which I have installed as a tool under CustomWorks.  I'm not sure I like it yet.  I may have to play around with it some more.







This second sample is the same fabric the body of the shirt will be composed of and I was just seeing what I thought of the holly design against it.  I kind of like it.  Its rather subtle, but what does subtle have to do with LOUD colors.  Grin.  But I'm thinking I like the white pocket more. 

The reason I'm messing with the embroidery first is because the pocket is one of the first things you sew on the shirt.  I'm also thinking of using the holly design on the inside collar stand on white fabric.  That way you'll actually see the fabric when the neck is worn open, which I most always do.  We'll see; so far its just a thought.

I think I'll wrap a few presents and think about this for awhile.  LOL.  I'm procrastination at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment