Thursday, January 31, 2013

UK Visit...

Well, we're back and I've been so wiped from the flight and the time change! LOL.  My butt does not care for sitting on a plane for 8 hours.

So we arrived early Sunday morning and after getting checked into our hotel - the Daresbury Park, we decided to grab a taxi to Chester. 

It snowed every day.  I mean EVERY day.

We explored Chester and when to the gorgeous Cathedral that used to be a Benedictine Abbey.  I took lots of pictures but here are a couple of my favorites.  Can you see the little man sitting in the picture playing the pipe organ?  He's about 40 feet off the ground.  How cool is that?


Like I said, I took lots of pictures.  I'll probably create an album on Facebook or something as a place to host them all.  Hmmm, maybe I'll just stick them in Flickr. 

On Monday we went to Liverpool and explored.  I got sick, miserably sick.  Running desperately  to every restaurant we could find for a bathroom sick.  Ugh.  So embarrassing.  We finally found a pharmacy where I could find something to fix my tummy issues.  It took a couple of hours but it finally subsided.  Sigh.  It figures it would be me.  Gah!

Tuesday the traveling caught up with me and I just took it easy all day. 

Alan's UK counterpart, Michael, took us to a couple of wonderful restaurants and I had Rarebit for the first time.  OMG!  It was so good.  I'd always heard of but just never knew what it was.  They just call it cheese on toast.  I'd call it a very sophisticated cheese on toast.  Yummy!

Did I say it snowed all week?  LOL.  Because of the weather reports and all the snow, we decided to move to the Manchester Marriott airport location on Friday.  We spent the day exploring Manchester, hitting a few pubs and then finally a Spanish tapas restaurant.  Yum!  OMG! The pork cheeks were to die for!  We had them twice.  I could have made a meal out just the pork cheeks.  LOL.  Silly me but I thought out restaurant was beautiful so I took a picture of it.

So now I'm back and I'm waiting for the sewing mojo to tell me what to do next. LOL.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda, I thought I had posted a message earlier but it seems to have disappeared! Fancy you staying at the Hotel at Daresbury, it's only about 1 1/2 miles from my house. I did read a while ago that you were planning to visit the NW, but never imagined it would be so near to here.
    It sounds as if (apart from illness) that you had a fabulous time. Are you planning any more trips soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad I didn't know. I would have contacted you. I know there will be more trips, just don't know when.

      Delete