Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Close to the finish

The outer shell of the jacket, except for sleeves, is constructed.  Here I'm in the process of pressing the collar seam open. 
This is my lining.  Pretty wild, eh?  I love it.  I think a lining should be a solid color only if you can't find anything else you like.  LOL.

I still have to press the collar open on this piece.  I hope to get the sleeves constructed and installed today.

I'm starting to get excited; the finish is almost here.  I hope to have it done by the end of this coming weekend.  If I can get it completed, I'll take it to the UK with me. 

That's all for now!

PS.  I forgot to explain the tennis shoes comment.  I've been talking with friends who've already traveled to Europe and they say not to wear tennis shoes for a couple of reasons.  LOL.  First, they'll know without you saying a word you're American and second tennis or gym shoes are only worn in the gym over there.  They'll think you're a poser.  How about it my UK friends?  Is this true?  Should I just wear normal walking shoes?  

4 comments:

  1. Plenty of people wear athletic shoes. It no longer screams American. What it is more than anything is an age thing, They pretty much are worn for comfort. Also, you will see a lot of people from all over wearing flip-flops. They mostly are young. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in London for 2 years and wore tennis shoes almost every day…especially after falling on an uneven sidewalk and breaking my arm. I walked everywhere and we travelled all over the UK, wearing out 2 pairs of shoes. However, a fanny pack will scream American, I'm told. (I used a purse and kept a firm hold on it in the city. My husband kept his wallet in his front pants pocket.) I never worried about being an American. Lots of people wanted to talk to me and chat about politics, TV shows, etc.

    Have a great time.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the lining. You're right, why not pick something nice and fun, out with boring linings!

    ReplyDelete