Sunday, November 6, 2011

To Jean or not to Jean...

That is the question.  LOL.  Really.  I want to make jeans and I have quite a few patterns to pick from.  I prefer denim with bit of lycra for comfort as I'm all about comfort these days.  



Okay...the first pattern I'm considering is the Jalie jean (2908) that everyone was just nuts over a couple of years ago.  View B the regular rise (in tan) would be my choice.  I don't go for low rise but do like them to sit just an inch or so below my belly button.  I really don't go for the "MOM" jean look.  LOL.


I followed the jean sewalong at Stitcher's Guild and got lots of notes for making this pattern.  So hopefully I'll have a head start when it comes to using this pattern.


I also have a favorite pair of jeans that I'm going to use to try to replicate the fit.








 View A (in black) is my preference here.  I need to read up on PatternReview to see if anyone has made these jeans.  You never know, it could help with my decision. 













And finally Kwik Sew 3315.  View B but with the straight legs.  


So here are my picks from the 11 jeans patterns I own.  The others are Butterick 5403, McCall's 5142 & 5894, McCall's 6405 and finally Vogue 7608.

I'm going to do a little more reading and then I'll post back with the final pattern choice.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment