Sunday, October 2, 2011

Winter Robe Progress...



Done!!!!  This will be such a cozy, warm robe.  I finally finished it up late last night.  I wanted it off my plate.  LOL.  I love the feel of it on me.  Why haven't I made any clothing out of flannel before?  I'm contemplating a shirt/jacket or two out it now, especially since there are so many beautiful flannels out at the quilting stores.  Here's a picture of the completed robe.  If you click on the picture, you can see the little bits of embellishment I did to perk it up somewhat.  There are a few scattered baby buttons in coordinating colors and just a few tiny sequins.  I also did tons of serging to finish all the seams.  Although I didn't have any trouble with raveling while I was sewing, I knew that would change with wear.  And I top and edge-stitched all the seams.  I really think it looks like the pattern envelope picture!  




Parting shot...



I made this little mini meatloaf for Alan last night.  Another Food channel demon.  LOL.  It's some of my fresh breakfast sausage mixed 50/50 with hamburger, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, Worcestershire & beaten egg.  While I had my usual Greek salad, Alan munched down on this little number.  I did get one bite and I must say it was reallllly good! 




More later!

2 comments: