Monday, May 23, 2011

Design Aspects...

How do you choose designs for an embroidery project?

When I starting thinking of a blouse, jacket or whatever, I start designing in my mind's eye first.  Sometimes I even wake up in the morning with a design aspect in mind.  Right now I'm on a kick where I make embroidered blouses with several different fabrics in the makeup.  LOL!

In my last post, I showed you the fabrics I'm using.  And here is one test sew-outs of potential designs I give a tryout on the fabric.   I made at least 4 or 5 test sew-outs; I won't bore you with all of them.  LOL.


As you can see, I was testing different colors and choose 2 colors to use on this blouse.  Madeira 1356 & 1235, the 2 pinks above.

I had to stage my embroidery on this blouse.  I like to cover as much as possible so the backing doesn't show.  Here is the first stage.  This was embroidered before it was cut out.  I forgot to take the picture showing it, so you're seeing it after the embroidery and being cut out of the fabric.  You have to remember, when doing a fairly large embroidery, you're fabric will shrink a bit.  So as much as possible, I try to embroider before cutting out. Below is the OUTSIDE yoke.


Next is the INSIDE yoke.  I've decided to try and embroider a label on the insides of garments.



 I know its subtle but that's the way I like it.  And anywho, who's going to see beside me?  LOL.

Next I sewed the yokes to the back and attached both fronts using the banana method which leaves you with a clean finish inside.  Here is a picture of the completed embroidery in the second stage.  I wanted to have the embroidery sort of drape over the left shoulder a bit to provide interest.  This embroidery crosses the shoulder seam.  I did not edgestitch the left shoulder seam.  I did edgestitch the right and the bottom of the yoke.



Now we have the third stage of the embroidery as it cascades across the back, just touching the yoke.


Its still in the hoop.  I'm adding just a touch of very tiny silver sequins ( 2mm) to each of the areas of embroidery.  The camera just doesn't pick them up very well so I'm not going to bother to try to get photos of it.  You'll have to use your imagination.  LOL!  Well, that's all for now.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment