I know, I know, I'm really boring as a blogging goes by making yet another summer blouse. LOL. I'm on a roll!!!! But I really need some new things for summer. I did a really brave thing, for me, by donating everything in my closet that I don't wear to Prevent Blindness this past week. I really cleaned out my closet. It wound up being 2 large black garbage bags full. Hence the need for new summer clothes.
I did make a pair of capri's using an old Simplicity OOP pattern, 8740, for woven fabrics. I made it from some black denim with 1% Lycra. Because of the Lycra, I cut XS size. That's fun to say. LOL. I'm not extra small anything. I had to add 1 inch to the upper back seam since I have more booty than pattern companies design for. Other than that, they were very easy with an elastic waistline. I did change the elastic installation though; I zigzagged the elastic to the waistline edge and turned it under to stitch down instead of making the typical casing. Too much bulk for me. I do plan on making several more pairs of these.
Okay. Back to the current project underway. I'm using my TNT Simplicity 2339 this time adding a cap sleeve and embroidery on the outside. There's a switch! LOL. I have most everything cut out and am testing embroidery thread colors and designs out on scraps of fabric.
Here's my fabric for this blouse. The aqua/purple gingham is from Sawyer Brook and the pretty paisley is from our local quilt shop The Quilt Sampler.
More later with some pictures of the process I go through to actually pick my embroidery designs & colors.