Saturday, August 28, 2010

Experiment - Back

I started by removing all of the inside labels on the back yoke since its not going to be their shirt when I get done with it. I'll be applying my own label when the time comes. Then I removed the sleeves and took out the side seams. This is easier said that done because of all the extra stitching to take out. This particular shirt has a back yoke and I found that laying the pattern on the back that I would have to remove the back yoke seam so my pattern will fit. Ugh. This involved ripping out the top stitching along with the seam itself. But the seam allowances were already in place making the insertion of the back very easy. This picture shows the back removed from the shirt and the pattern laid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment