Saturday, June 15, 2013
Not only Done, but done, done. LOL
As you can see, I did a little embroidery with some candlewicking designs I had laying around. They're very light, airy and don't change the hand of the fabric.
I did make a couple of minor changes. I put in a shirt-tail hem and took a couple inches of length off the bottom. I narrowed or straightened out the sleeve. Bell sleeves and I don't get along. LOL.
The only thing I want to mention is the collar. There are two; one lies flat and the other is a stand up collar. I choose the one to lie flat. Well it tries. My collar lies flat all the way around until you get to the center front. Then it pooches out. I tried everything I could think of at the time. The only way to really correct it is to change the shape of the collar. And frankly, I had the lining already in place. NOT going to happen. LOL.
Other than the collar, it's pretty straight forward to sew. I probably won't make another though, since it's pretty distinct.