Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Palate Cleansing

Yesterday, Saturday, I got out of the house for the first time since last Monday.  Picked up a few groceries at Walmart.  I couldn't believe how empty the shelves were.  I normally give them a wide berth, but I just couldn't see trying to make it up and down the steep hills to my regular grocer.  And what a wet, slushy mess it was!  Picture me driving around in 6-8 inches of grey mush.  Ugh.  Oh, and we get to look forward to this again starting Tuesday night.  Another 5 to 10 inches of snow on our already inundated town.  I'm just looking forward to some warmer temps and melting snow. 



I'm going to be teaching my first sewing class at the B-Sew Inn starting the first week of March.  It will be a very simple sleeveless blouse.  I'm in the process of making up my sample for the class.  I took a few pictures so you could see what I've been working on and also this is why I've been fairly quiet for a few days.  Once I get it completed, I'll settle down and get back to my second jacket for the JAM sewalong at SG.  I still have to bind the armholes with bias and sew buttons & buttonholes. 

I love this fabric.  I got it from the Sewing Workshop late last year.  I love how stripes make you look thinner.  LOL.  But its a nice spring-like fabric from my stash.   





This picture shows a little fun I had with the collar.  I've seen some fairly high-end men's shirts with 2 piece upper collars and just love the chevron it creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment