Sunday, July 25, 2010

Threads Gender Bender shirt


Its been a few weeks since I've posted, it seems to always be so busy in the summer, time just gets away from me.

I received my new issue of Threads magazine (#150) and just LOVE the shirt on the front cover. So my next posts will be following my trials and tribulations of recreating one. My favorite garment to sew is a shirt so this is right up my alley and I guess that's why I'm so excited about it. In the article, they discuss using a fairly basic button-up shirt style with details coming from and inspired by modern designer menswear. I've decided to use a Kwik Sew pattern 3555 view B. Since its summer, I'm going to alter the pattern and make it sleeveless. And if I like the pattern, I'll make several more for winter with the long sleeve version. I have shopped my own fabric stash & with the addition of a couple of purchased fabric half yards, I've come up with the following fabrics for the shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment